On January 20, 2020, volunteers from GBCA, the ACE Mentor Program of Greater Philadelphia, Clemens Construction Company, and the Eastern Atlantic States Regional Council of Carpenters came together for a Day of Service for Martin Luther King Day. Volunteers met at the Houseman Recreation Center in Philadelphia to build cedar wood picnic tables and benches for the neighborhood. Woodland Building Supply provided the materials for the project.
Special thanks to all who came out to give back to the community:
- Students and mentors of the ACE Mentor Program of Greater Philadelphia
- Carpenters from the Eastern Atlantic States Regional Council of Carpenters
- Clemens Construction Company
- Office of Philadelphia Council Member Cherelle Parker
- Philadelphia Council Member Derek Green
- Philadelphia Council Member Isaiah Thomas
- Members of the Philadelphia Fire Department Engine 70
GBCA and ACE are so proud of what we started 4 years ago from a tiny idea to get kids building things with their hands… this was our biggest and best project yet! The tables are gorgeous, and we know that the Houseman Rec Center and surrounding community will get great use out of them… Read more from our partners at the GBCA!
Click here to check out our LIVE Coverage on 6abc News!
MLK DAY 2020